Police in Mphephu, Nzhelele are investigating the disappearance of a 13-year-old girl, Mutshidzi Muthadzwi who was last seen at Rabali, Zone 4 Section in Limpopo on 19 August 2022.
The victim was reportedly last seen by her grandmother when she left to attend school at Matanda primary school. But she never returned and has since disappeared.
POLICE INVESTIGATE DISAPPEARANCE OF 13-YEAR-OLD
Police made efforts to locate the victim at friends and relatives but all in vain. She was last seen wearing a school uniform.
Anyone with information that can help to find the missing girl should contact the investigating officer Lieutenant Colonel Dzangana Mphephu on 0825657729. Crime stop number 0860010111 or nearest police station or My SAPSApp.
A child goes missing every five hours in South Africa, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons Bureau for 2013.
Missing Children South Africa’s statistic indicates that 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves us with at least 23% of the children being either never found, trafficked or found deceased.
Children are also the most vulnerable victims of gender-based violence. The reality is shocking and undeniable and we can no longer be innocent bystanders to this fact.