Limpopo MEC for Social Development Ms Nandi Ndalane was involved in a motor vehicle accident on Wednesday morning.
MEC Ndalane was on a back to school campaign in the Waterberg District when the accident happened. It happened on the R511, the department confirmed.
According to a report, a passenger (MEC) sustained moderate to serious injuries while the driver sustained minor injuries. It is understood that the driver lost control of the SUV car and the vehicle overturned.
MEC NANDI NDALANE RECEIVES MEDICAL ATTENTION AFTER VEHICLE ACCIDENT
“The Department of Social Development confirms that its MEC Ms. Nandi Ndalane and her protectors were involved in a motor vehicle accident this morning on the R511 en route to Thabazimbi for official duties,” read the statement from the department.
“The MEC, the driver and the protector have received medical attention on the scene and in the local hospital. They will be closely monitored for the next 24 hours,” said the department.
MEC’s MONITOR RE-OPENING OF SCHOOLS
Meanwhile, Members of the Limpopo Executive Council (MECs) are monitoring the re-opening of schools around the province led by Premier Stan Mathabatha.
The visits began on Wednesday, 11 January until 13 January. They are visiting high enrolled and poor performing schools at the start of the academic year.
During the visits, the Provincial leaders will assess the suitability of infrastructure and other areas requiring academic intervention.
Premier Stan Mathabatha has led the campaign by visiting schools in Sekhukhune East, Tubatse area.
He is accompanied by the Education MEC, Mavhungu Lerule-Ramakhanya and the Executive Mayor of Sekhukhune District Municipality.
MECs VISITS SCHEDULE
CAPRICORN North and South
1. MEC Treasury, Mr. Seaparo Sekoati
2. MEC Agriculture, Mr. Thabo Mokone
MOPANI East and West
1. MEC Public Works, Ms. Nkakareng Rakgoale
2. MEC Education, Ms. Mavhungu Lerule-Ramakhanya
3. MEC Sport, Arts and Culture, Ms. Nakedi Kekana
SEKHUKHUNE East and South
1. Premier, Mr. Chupu Mathabatha
2. MEC Education, Ms. Lerule-Ramakhanya
3. MEC Health, Dr. Phophi Ramathuba
VHEMBE East and West
1. MEC Education, Ms. Lerule-Ramakhanya
2. MEC LEDET, Mr. Rodgers Monama
3. MEC COGHSTA, Mr. Basikopo Makamu
WATERBERG and MOGALAKWENA
1. MEC Social Development, Ms. Nandi Ndalane
2. MEC Transport & Community Safety, Ms. Florence Radzilani